What is a cookie and what is it for?
A cookie is a small file which is sent to the browser and saved to your device when you visit a website such as dhgshop.it.
Cookies allow the website to work efficiently and improve its performance. In addition, they provide the owner of the site with information for statistics or advertising purposes, mainly to personalize your browsing experience by remembering your preferences (for example, to remember the language and currency you selected, to recognize you on your next visit, etc.)
Which cookies do we use and for which purpose?
Our website uses different kinds of cookies and similar technologies, each of them with a specific function:
- Session cookies: from first access, these cookies allow the website to work correctly, and let you view content on your device, recognizing the language and the market of the country from which you are visiting the website. If you are a registered user, they allow you to be recognized and will let you access the services offered in each dedicated section. Session cookies are technical cookies and are necessary for the site to work.
- Functional cookies: upon your own explicit request, these cookies allow the website to recognize you so you do not have to enter your data every time you visit (for example: “Remember me next time”). If you have added items to your Shopping Bag and close the session without completing the purchase, if you do not delete these cookies, they will let you continue shopping next time you access the site (within a limited period of time), finding the selected articles where you left them. Functional cookies are not essential for the website to work, but they improve the quality of the browsing experience.
- Analytic cookies: these cookies are used to elaborate statistical analyses regarding the user’s browsing habits on our website. The site uses some third party services which, in a fully independent manner, install their own cookies.
- First or third party marketing and profiling cookies: first party cookies are used to create user profiles, in order to send commercial messages matching the preferences shown during the visit or to improve the browsing experience. So, when you browse our website, these cookies are useful to show you products you may be interested in, or similar to those you have just viewed. Third party cookies, on the other hand, are those that are sent by trusted third party companies. These cookies allow us to present you with our commercial offer on affiliated websites (retargeting). With third party cookies, we have no control over the information provided by the cookie, and we have no access to such data. This information is completely controlled by third-party companies, according to their respective privacy policies.
- Social Network Cookies: these cookies are necessary for your social network account to interact with our website. For example, they are used so that you can express your appreciation and share it with your friends on social networks. Social network cookies are not required for browsing.
How can I disable cookies and manage my preferences?
Most browsers are configured to accept, check or, if necessary, disable cookies through their settings. However, we would like to remind you that disabling session cookies or functional cookies may cause the website to malfunction and/or limit the service we provide.
Here are instructions to manage cookies in the following browsers:
For more information about cookies and how to manage your cookie preferences for third party profiling cookies, please visit http://www.youronlinechoices.com. In order to disable analytic cookies and to prevent Google Analytics to gather data about your browsing, you can download a browser plugin which permits you to disable Google Analytics: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout